Original Soviet Compass

New product


Sometimes even modern smart satellite navigation systems can fail - in that case it is good to have old and proven methods.


The Adrianov compass is a wrist compass that was adopted by the Tsarist army and later by the Soviet Army. This compass was invented by the cartographer of the Russian Imperial Army, Vladimir Nikolaevich Adrianov in 1907.



More details

Order in manufacturer

18,00 €

More info

The circular limb of the Adrianov compass has a scale in degrees and thousandths with the price of dividing the limb equal to 3° or 50 thousandths. The values of degree divisions increase in the clockwise direction, and thousandths-against. The glass rotating cover of the compass can be used as a sighting device for counting angles or sighting in any direction. For counting on the scale of the limb on the inner wall of the lid opposite the slot and the front sight, there are index markers. In order to simplify manipulations with the compass at night, these pointers, like the Northern end of the magnetic needle, are covered with a phosphorescent composition or a permanent light mask, which includes Ra226 (a radioactive isotope). To fix the magnetic needle in the non-working position, the compass is equipped with an arrestor that presses it against the glass of the case cover.

Materials: Glass, metal

Weight: 35g

Made in Russia

Production and delivery time may be reduced or increased. It all depends on the factories load.

Customers who bought this product also bought: